Gonna try and just quickly put down a cumulation of actual facts we've been given so far, to help with filing through useless, baseless and uneducated misinformation being spread all over reddit + twitter. (My own thoughts are included but have been separated, I think after looking at some of the comments this must be mentioned, please do not be angry with the fact I included any 3rd party voice to this message) :D
- NIP vs Anonymo match was paused during the first map, with the score at 1:1, due to reported spikes in loss%, affecting their ability to play.
- Both teams' players offered a rescheduling, but Flashpoint admins did not.
- Instead NIP were offered to a) play out the game or b) forfeit the match
Gonna quickly add my own thoughts on this - NIP only have 1 option at this point, under their own best interests, in that if they still win they're through and if they lose they get put into the same situation as the alternative choice (simple prisoner's dilemma situation).
4) NIP choose to play out the game, eventually winning the first map (16:3) before losing the following two maps, meaning Anonymo won the series 2-1.
5) As reportedly per a Flashpoint ruling, NIP's management choose to file a complaint to Flashpoint in regard to the competitive integrity of the match, providing evidence that the loss% issues were not caused by them at that they had no reasonable way of solving the situation.
6) Flashpoint releases a statement suggesting the match should be rescheduled, after concluding their investigation and admitting to the error being on their end.
Just want to quickly add to this - NIP's management have only gone via the rulebook that all teams participating in the event have signed to. Therefore, it is futile to claim the same wouldn't happen for Anonymo, for if they provided the same situation to Flashpoint, then it would be an obligation for Flashpoint to investigate, and the same conclusion would have occurred.
People are getting mixed up into thinking this is a situation of the big company trying to abuse it's power to overturn rulings in its favour. In reality the situation is that of a big company arguing that something was unfair and that by the rulings of the event they should be permitted a rematch.
7) Anonymo, as of now, have refused to take on the rematch, leading to the postponing of the originally planned schedule. Their management have also gone on to say they are being forced into an unfair rematch.
On the topic of the situation being unfair for Anonymo. If they are scared of the rematch, it is for one thing and that is the possibility of losing the match. People think it is unfair to take away from them their victory... However, if one thinks about it a little deeper:- Anonymo won a match in which NIP were disadvantaged
- NIP then proved that the disadvantage was not their fault.
- In the interest of competitive integrity: A new game should be played to determine who truly is the better team.
- If Anonymo would not be the better team under a competitively balanced environment, then they do not deserve to be placed above NIP...
- Therefore Anonymo is not being "f'd over" or messed with in any way, they are ever going from having won a game where they comparatively had the advantage to playing a game in which there is no external advantage for either team anymore!